Genomic EvoDevo Lab
How Multicellularity Evolved?
- Trip to rainy Nagasaki (March 2, 2017)
The PI visited
the Institute of Tropical Medicine, Nagasaki University, within the framework of MEXT Joint Research. The discussion with Dr. Kentaro Kato
was intensive. We've got our first multicellular pet,
- Weather behaves (February 10, 2017)
They say the life in Shobara is prestigious...and indeed it is!
- Graduation presentation (February 7, 2017)
Naofumi Koide, Yukino Ohara,
Shuhei Murakami, and
Rei Yagasaki finished the presentations of
the graduation projects. Well done everybody! The
party was crazier than ever.
- Dr. Shalchian-Tabrizi's visit (December 20, 2016)
Prof. Dr. Shalchian-Tabrizi from Oslo University visited our lab, discussing the possibility of spending sabbatical in Hiroshima. The
Vikings were warmly treated with local foods.
- MBSJ meeting 2016 (November 30, 2016)
The 39th "Mega" meeting of Molecular Biology Society of Japan
took place at
Yokohama. Azusa Nakata (M1) presented her project.
- ICZ & ZSJ meeting 2016 (November 17, 2016)
The Joing event of International Congress of Zoology and the annual meeting of Zoological Society of Japan
was held at Okinawa. The PI Hiroshi Suga and Rei Yagasaki (B4) presented the project. Great meeting indeed!
- Sampling at Livestock Research Institute (November 9, 2016)
For a metagenomic analysis, Kaho Satoh (B3) and Hiroshi Suga
collected feces samples at Okayama Livestock Research Institute with
a kind help of Dr. Harutoshi Tsuda.
- Grant award ceremony in Tokyo (October 20, 2016)
The PI Hiroshi Suga received a prestigious grant from
Itoh Science Foundation. The
ceremony was held in Tokyo.
- Naofumi leaving Shobara (September 30, 2016)
Farewell party for Naofumi
(B4), who finished his 5.5 years' Shobara life today. It however turned out that he continues coming to the lab
from Kure almost everyday until January 2017.
- SESJ Annual Meeting 2016 (August 25, 2016)
The PI Hiroshi Suga presented the works of the lab at the meeting of
Evolutionary Studies Society Japan.
- Open Campus 2016 (August 7, 2016)
We presented what a computer can do for biology, showing some bioinformatics analyses.
- Seminar by Dr. Agata (July 25, 2016)
Dr. Kiyokazu Agata from Gakushuin University gave a talk on regeneration, focusing on what he learned from planarian regeneration and ideas how to integrate
the acquired knowledge to regenerative medicine. The discussion (inevitably)
heated up with alcohol.
- Takaaki back to the lab (April 11, 2016)
Takaaki Kai (B4) has got back to work after a fruitful stay in Barcelona. Welcome back!
And thank you very much Iñaki and
- Miyoshi R&D Seminar (March 24, 2016)
Miyoshi R&D Seminar was taken place. The project of Yukino Ohara
(B3) was presented.
- First alumni of the lab (March 18, 2016)
Yuki Kimura, Masaaki Kobayashi, Kojiro Tokiyasu, and Azusa Nakata graduated University. The first alumni from Suga lab. Congratulations!
- Snowy March (March 1, 2016)
March starts with heavy snow, which is in fact not surprising. A good news is
that the plants are slowly blooming here and there.
- Takaaki left for Barcelona (February 29, 2016)
The B3 student Takaaki Kai has set off for Barcelona. He will stay
in Dr. Ruiz-Trillo's lab for a month, engaged in his graduation project. Bona sort!
- Graduation projects presented (February 9, 2016)
The B4 students
Kohjiro Tokiyasu, and
Azusa Nakata presented the
graduation projects. Well done all (and the PI;-)!
- Summary of web access 2015 (January 31, 2016)
The lab website got 4,872 sessions consisting of 8,168 pageviews last year,
with Americans being our best "customers".
- Campus frozen (January 28, 2016)
The exceptionaly warm winter was followed by a cold wave. Hagera pond in the campus have been frozen up.